Sun, Nov 19|
Trail Timeout - Volunteer at Denver Children's Home with ACA
Take a Trail Timeout and help volunteer at the Denver Childrens Home. We're providing a homecooked meal for the kids and staff.
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2023, 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Denver, 1501 Albion St, Denver, CO 80220, USA
About the event
Thanks for your interest in our Trail Timeout Project with Denver Children's Home. This is our 7th year volunteering our time, effort and monetary funds to purchase, prepare and serve the children and staff at the Denver Childrens Home.
Denver Children’s Home provides a comprehensive therapeutic and educational continuum of care for our region’s abused, neglected and traumatized children and their families with mental health issues. DCH offers prevention, intervention, and treatment programs grounded in trauma-informed care and the latest in brain-development research.Thank you for keeping Denver Children’s Home a safe and healing environment.
The kids and staff are so excited for our generosity and time for the meal we provide. We will be preparing spaghetti, meat sauce, garlic bread, salad, dessert, and drinks too. (Feeding 35-40 children & staff)
In order to attend and participate, please select an Eventbrite ticket as to which item you can contribute. Once you've selected your item, please arrive to DCH at 1501 Albion Street, Denver CO 80220, Sunday, November 19th 2023.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** These kids depend on us to attend and prepare this meal. Please do not sign up unless you can 100% show up and contribute items promised.
3:30-3:45 p.m. - Arrive at DCH, unload, and begin cooking (If you would like to learn more about DCH in a tour before starting the meal, please let us know.
5:00 p.m. - Kids arrive in cafeteria (weekday and weekend)-
5:00-5:30 p.m. – You and your group will serve the meal and may eat with the kids and staff
- 5:45-6:00 p.m. - Kids leave the cafeteria
- After dinner follow the Clean-up Checklist posted in kitchen.Logistical information (see sheets posted in Kitchen for more details):
- Meals are served cafeteria style, in our café.
- All of the food is put out at the same time, then the kids are called up by table or dorm and line up to be served.
- DCH have warmers and a cold table to keep food at the appropriate temperature.
- DCH provide serving containers, utensils, pots/pans, foil and other food prep and service items.-DCH can provide plates, cups, utensils and napkins, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
We need volunteers to help prepare, cook and serve a main course, side dish, drinks and dessert.
You are welcome to bring juice, tea and soda. Avoid caffeinated drinks (no Mtn. Dew, Dr. Pepper, etc.) and please bring drinks in bottles so they can be easily poured into cups.
DCH has standard condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo), but always appreciate having more. If there are other condiments that are needed for your meal, please bring them.Dietary Concerns:
DCH is a nut free facility
Please be sure to serve appropriate portions of food. Staff will let the kids know if they can go up for seconds.
- All volunteers must be over 21 and we do not allow unsupervised interactions with our clients.
- Please serve our kids appropriate portion sizes, they may be able to come up for seconds with staff approval.
- Please: no photos of our kids, no physical contact (we are a no-touch facility) with our kids and no personal questions.
- Volunteers must be fully vaccinated.
By registering and attending this event you've agreed to Always Choose Adventures terms and conditions. To view visit: https://www.alwayschooseadventures.org/terms-conditions
If you have questions please contact us at Info@AlwaysChooseAdventures.org
Bread for 40
Please bring Garlic Bread makings for 40 people.$0.00
Meat for 40
Please bring ground meat to cook and prepare in the kitchen at DCH. We need a minimum of 10lbs to prepare for the meal.$0.00
Salad for 40
Please bring Salad makings and Dressing to Feed 40 people.$0.00
Non Sugar Drinks
Please bring drinks and cups for 40 people.$0.00
Dessert for 40
Please bring dessert for 40 people.$0.00