Always Choose Adventures (ACA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in Gilpin County, Colorado. Our Mission is to serve people in connecting to their bodies, nature, and their community. We fulfill this via programs that enable people to show up as their whole self and facilitate the intersectionality of identities that allow people to grow.
Everyone deserves adventure in their lives to better their physical and mental health. Some of our flagship programs include:
• Our ALWAYS CHOOSE ADVENTURES MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM: Sign up now to get discounted adventures, access to gear rentals, and contribute to a 501c3 nonprofit that benefits local school districts and individuals with disabilities.
• Our ANGUISH TO ADVENTURES PROGRAM: highlights the importance of conversation and awareness around mental health issues. It reinforces that connection to one's community through recreational therapy can have a significant, positive impact on mental health.
• Through COUCH TO TRAIL: ACA supports individuals in acknowledging wherever their unique starting point is with Adventuring. ACA volunteers and trained wilderness partners create low-pressure events for people of all fitness levels to get outside, meet new people, and build new routines.
• Our REWILD YOUR CHILD: focuses on events for families and children, providing a structure that is compatible with the attention span of developing brains. This ACA program introduces outdoor activities that are friendly for beginner Adventurers and is complemented well by the ACA Gear Library offerings of youth-oriented outdoor equipment.
• Through Colorado SWAP and our PUBLIC SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS: ACA helps connect young adults to the mental and physical benefits of outdoors and adventure, giving them more advanced educational aspects of outdoor preparedness and creating opportunity for teens to learn work skills through volunteering in our Gear Library.
All of ACA's programs are adaptive to people with different physical and mental abilities, as well as accessible for participants from a variety of experience levels. Program clinics are hosted by knowledgeable ACA ambassadors and include use of appropriate outdoor equipment from our ACA GEAR LIBRARY to help ensure participants learn aspects of wilderness safety and essential preparedness. We offer monthly and annual memberships for people to utilize our Gear Library independent of any of our programs.
We also offer an ACA ADVENTURE DISABILITY PASS for individuals who have a permanent disability and who also hold the America the Beautiful U.S. Parks Pass to utilize our Gear Library for a nominal fee and receive free participation in ACA program clinics.